Friday, April 21, 2023

Steak Skewers

 HAPPY FRIDAY!

As the weather gets warmer, we are outside grilling for dinner often! I tend to grill the same things a lot, but this week I was looking for a new recipe to try out. Maddox has recently learned to love steak so I thought I'd try some steak skewers. I was skeptical because I never cook steak, but these couldn't have been easier! They turned out well, were quick & easy, and Maddox ate every single bite 😀

I looked up a few different recipes online but ended up just winging it with what I found in my pantry & also what kind of meat the grocery store had! The next time you're needing something new to try, throw these on your grill! 


Meat:

2 lbs. flank steak 

Marinade:

olive oil

soy sauce

honey

salt

pepper

1. Put ingredients for marinade in a plastic ziploc bag or bowl. You can mix it however you want-- I didn't measure but just poured some of each in there :) 

2. Put steak in the bag or bowl and marinate for 15-30 minutes.

3. Remove steak and cut about 1/2" slices against the grain of the meat. 

4. Slide onto skewer sticks. If you are using wooden/bamboo skewers, make sure to soak in water before.

5. Oil up your grill (I just use spray Pam) to keep steak from sticking.

6. Grill skewers about 5-7 minutes on each side. Be careful to not overcook, as it's easy for it to get tough!

7. Serve right away.

We ate ours with diced sweet potatoes (I have the BEST recipe that I'll share soon for these) and some veggies. Next time Maddox requests steak, I'll know to reach for this recipe right away. Maybe I'll get an actual picture of the fully cooked food too haha. 💓 Enjoy!


xox,

Naomi



No comments:

Post a Comment