Monday, January 23, 2023

The Holiday Season


I can't believe it's almost the end of January and I'm just now getting to our holiday season wrap up!

Some day I'll catch up 😉


We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family. My sisters are really good about getting pictures of my mom with her grandkids!


Even though it was Thanksgiving, my house was decorated for Christmas and we did gingerbread houses! 




We had a few early snow storms that brought lots of FUN.



Kendry & I had played hooky from school and had our own little snow day. I love my days with him!


We kicked off December with our North Pole breakfast and our elf, Buddy, came to hang with us!



Every year when I do North Pole breakfast, I give the boys matching pajamas and an ornament that somehow represents something about their year. We then hang up the ornaments on their "kid" tree, and then they get in their matching jammies & then pictures turn into a wrestling match haha 😜


Friday night dinners out with my family. I love all 4 of these boys!


Kendry had a Christmas program that was so sweet. It was our official last preschool Christmas program. All of these "lasts" with Kendry are bittersweet!


He wanted to be Santa but was missing the beard. Thankfully his daddy came to the rescue and made him a beard from Kleenex :) 


I have so many sweet pictures from our days together. I'm really soaking in these days.



We took in all the Christmas lights we could...


we visited Santa...


and got to decorate & eat giant cookies!



The boys were in school until the 23rd and then they had their "first day of break" sleepover! They love it and I hope it's a memory they'll always treasure. 


We made lots of Christmas goodies...


went to Christmas Eve service dressed in our best ;) 


and remembered the real reason for the season.


The reading of the Christmas story on Christmas morning 💓






Benny got a sweatshirt this year & I think it was Maddox's favorite gift hahaha.




A couple days after Christmas, we had some of Nate's family, who were visiting from Brazil, stay with us for about 2 weeks. We had SO MUCH fun!!! I miss them :) We spent lots of time hanging out, went with Nate's dad's whole side of the family to camp for a few days, we went sledding & ice skating, snuck in a double date night & even a really special cousin dinner. 



It was a really special Christmas season for us and I'll forever treasure all of the family time with both of our families. 


New Year's Eve was spent with my family for Christmas and then we came back here to put the boys down, and hop in the hot tub with a few friends & family to watch the ball drop. It was a really great way to finish up the year & think about what we want this coming year! I don't have many pictures because I was living in the moment & also, hot tubs are not good for phones & my clumsy self! haha.

It was a beautiful, fun, & relaxing Christmas season and now that it's over, I'm ready for my birthday and then summer haha! Unfortunately, we live in northern Indiana so we will have many more weeks of cold snowy weather :) We are going to make the best of it!

xox,
Naomi






No comments:

Post a Comment