Tuesday, September 26, 2023

3 Things

I love recording here all the things about our family and the kids. Some of our daily life, trip memories, holidays, and all the little things so I don't forget. We are at a really fun phase where all of the kids seem "big" but not TOO big, ya know? A quick little 3 things post about what we are up to. 
Jacoby


1. He still loves and wants to play every sport, but soccer is his very favorite right now. He has switched favorites from football to basketball to hockey and now to soccer.

2. He is a big reader. He loves books SO much! He reads all kinds--from graphic novels, Narnia, sports stats, to books of maps! I love this about him 💓

3. He's almost 9, which is halfway to 18. Say WHAT? He's definitely feeling like a big kid in a lot of ways. He is independent and sometimes I have to remind myself to let that grow! I love the conversations we have as he gets older....full of questions, debates, and learning about some "big ideas" in life & the world. 

Maddox


1. You couldn't find a kid who loves dogs more than Maddox. He pets every one he sees, talks about what kind and how many dogs he wants when he grows up, and plays with Benny every day. 

2. He loves all trading cards! I find piles of Pokemon cards & sports cards all over the place. Organizing them isn't easy but we are working on it. He reads about them, trades them, and takes them EVERYWHERE. 

3. He absolutely loves his teacher. He says she's really funny and I think she's just the perfect match for him! Also, she has a guinea pig in her class and Maddox couldn't love that more 😊

Kendry


1. He is thriving in Kindergarten. He's worn out but he has made friends, enjoys learning, and feels like a big kid going in with his brothers. 

2. When I go in to wake him up every morning, I rub his back and say "good morning" and he slowly smiles back at me and it quickly turns to laughter. It's the sweetest thing! I surely don't wake up with a smile on my face but I love that he does!

3. Kendry is my baking buddy! He told me he misses baking with me because he's at school all day. So I promised him some baking time. When he saw me starting to get things together for cookies, he said "Can I bake with you mom?" and it made my day. He pulled up a chair and helped me the whole time. I love being in the kitchen and I REALLY love having him in there with me. He says he wants to be a baker when he grows up. I asked him if he would bake for me and he said "well yeah...but I'll have lots of other people to bake for too. So just some" HAHAHAH. 

xox,
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment