Thursday, November 2, 2023

Jacoby is 9!!!

September & October are always so busy for us and somehow I missed putting up Jacoby's birthday! We had a great time celebrating our Buffalo Bills fan 😊 


9. 
Last year in single digits.
Is that technically pre-teen? 
I don't know but there is a balance to him that I find with being young but also being big in a lot of ways. These days there's lots of conversations, character building, deeper questions, and I love it all. There are times where I truly don't know the answer but I love that we are figuring it out together. 


Jacoby is wickedly smart, extra competitive, super sweet, and adventurous! Most of the time you'll catch him outside or in the basement playing sports. The amount of holes in my basement wallsss 😮 When he's not sprinting around, he loves a good board game like checkers or sorry, and will get caught up in just about any kind of book! He is SO special to me and I have no doubt that whatever he does in life, he will do it well!! Right now, math is his favorite subject, and he's really good at it. He's got a mind like Nate in a lot of ways...so I can see him doing something with math/engineering/etc. He told me recently "when I get older, I just want to be the boss. I want to be in charge and in control." So there ya go!! haha. 



When I asked Jacoby what kind of party he wanted, he said he just wanted to play sports in our yard with his friends. So I prayed that the weather would be good & it was so easy. They played for 3 hours, we grilled hot dogs & hamburgers, got him a DQ ice cream cake & he had a blast! He's easy to please as long as he has space to play and he has a great group of friends which I'm super thankful for! 


Thanks to my nephew who grabbed some fantastic shots of Jacoby doing what he loves!


We celebrated on his actual birthday with dinner at his favorite Mexican restaurant! Chips, queso, and a sombrero...what else do you need?!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jacoby...I love you!


xox,
Naomi







No comments:

Post a Comment