Tuesday, November 15, 2016

7 Month Update {Maddox}

7 MONTHS


Your Favorites: Momma, Benny, baths, sleeping in your crib, people singing/talking to you, being held, and Sophie the giraffe ;)

Your Not-So-Favorites: being in the car seat too long, being alone, and sitting on the floor too long. 

Eat: 


We started you on some solids this month and you have done great.  We are doing a little more "baby-led weaning" process and less of just purees like we did with Jacoby.  We still do some purees, but you get bites of lots of different kinds of foods too.  You love potatoes, sweet potatoes, chicken, puffs, bananas, and granola bars :)

Sleep:


You've been doing pretty well on this.  You have gotten into a pretty good routine of sleeping 9-5/6, eat and then back down to 9ish.  You have had a few nights of being up at 3am, but I'm blaming that on teething.  You got your first tooth (bottom right) on your 7 month birthday! I'm SURE that's why you had a few rough nights! 

Play:


You sit up really well and love that you're now part of the party!

 You still adore Benny + reach out for him any time he walks by and smile when he kisses you.  

You laugh at Jacoby's antics and smile even when he "tackles" you!  

You still do really well in the car seat but without a doubt- if you're sleeping, the minute I turn the car off your eyes open up! It's impressive, actually.

You are super ticklish just about everywhere ;)

I kinda joke that you're "lazy"...but really the word content fits you best.  You roll from your belly to your back, and I've seen you do it from your back to your belly, but you basically never do it.  I mean I think you've done it twice.  You just don't care to try.  You are content just doing what you know-- no need to try new things.  You have nowhere to go, apparently! 

I can get you to smile every.single.time by singing "If you're happy and you know it".

You have this beautiful smile that just radiates joy.  You aren't silly like your brother, but you are just sweet and happy.  You have this calm demeanor about you, as long as you aren't forgotten about :), and I LOVE that about you.  I love the difference in personalities I see between you and your brother.  You're both so special but in different ways.

Photo: Jessie Nichole Photography 









Maddox...

I have called you my sunshine from day one and it's still the best nickname for you. When I get you out of bed every morning, I come into your room and say "good morning sunshine"...and you flash me this sweet smile. You just light up my world!  I can't wait to watch you continue to grow and see your personality develop more.  But stay little for awhile longer...I'm completely loving this stage! 

xox,

Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment